Monday 14 January 2019

Why Blog About Aviation or History or Yourself

Why Blog About Aviation History - I write my blogs in obscurity, no book, no movie, no money. I like any aviation story and I like to share my aviation stories and I like to share aviation stories that are told to me or that I hear from others.

I'm not an English major or minor, my writing may be poor, and if no one reads them, I'm ok with that, my goal is to get stories out there in case one day some one googles a subject, and hopefully my blogging may add a small piece of information to their search.

I was happy with that, until .........I watched this USS Indianapolis PBS documentary and then I became .............


overjoyed!

This video is about finding the sunken USS Indianapolis and in the video this story is shared....

"While reviewing the Navy’s holdings and other information related to Indianapolis, NHHC historian Richard Hulver, Ph.D., found a blog post and photo online that recounted the story of a World War II Sailor whose ship passed Indianapolis less than a day before the ship was sunk. 

This corroborated an account by Indianapolis Captain Charles McVay, III that his ship passed an unspecified LST approximately 11 hours prior to the sinking. Hulver located the Sailor’s service record from the National Personnel Records Center which identified the Sailor as a passenger on tank landing ship USS LST-779 during the period in which Indianapolis sank. That sent Hulver to the National Archives where LST-779’s deck logs confirmed the story." borrowed  from Passion About History Blog.

In the past, libraries and museums were our main sources of information, now information can be shared with a few, or hundreds, or thousands, or millions via the internet for today and for the future.

So if you are a blogger - keep blogging!
 If you do not wish to blog but have a aviation story to share  EMAIL ME and I'll post it with your name or anonymously, which ever you chose.

Everyone Has a Story to Tell

and this morning I found a blog the other Bob Hoover - what a nice read.

cheers - ken kalynuk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alexander Paul Kalynuk ( Kalyniuk) in the Canadian Army 1940 to 1945

 I've created a pdf story of my father in the Canadian Army from 1940 to 1945, he was in the Lake Superior Regiment. The link to the PDF...